Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happenings in Virginia

Hello Everyone,

The summer is in full swing here, lots of sunshine and heat. Gabriel and I are still working on the fence and it is coming along great. Once the fence is done I can start on my vegetable garden and hopefully installing some rain barrels in the backyard. Oh and of course, a swing set for the kids.

The kids and I spent the weekend with my sister, Katrina, in North Carolina and had a great time,
they love their Aunt Bina. On Sunday, my Aunt Cathy from Georgia came and picked up Alex and Aubry from N.C. and took them back with her, so Gabriel and I have two weeks with no kids. Today was my first day with out them and I am actually kind of enjoying it and they sound like they are having a great time too. We will be going back to pick them up the weekend of the 4Th of July, which is also the weekend my cousin is getting married, also in GA, so it will be a fun weekend.

We are both still working on our Summer Semester, so that is taking up a lot of time but it's well worth it.

Along with taking the next couple weeks to get a little more organized, we are also in the process of
trying to become as chemical free as possible around the house. Making our own cleaners and detergents, I am finding that I really do enjoy doing it too. We are really trying to set some healthy habits from eating natural and getting more exercise. We want to be around to enjoy our Great Grandchildren, so we figured the sooner we start, the more likely that will be!

Hope everyone is having a great summer!!


No comments: